Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thank You Susan Boyle!

Maybe you’ve met her, along with the over 4 millions u-tube viewers!

A few weeks ago, Susan was alone and lonely. She freely admitted she’d never even been kissed. And at 47, life had nearly passed her by.

One glance at the woman and you could take off into imagination judgments, all over the board!

After all – haven’t our social environments, movies and TV taught us that successful people are good-looking, intelligent, talented and, l … cool?

And haven’t they also taught us that people who look like Susan are dim-witted, ungifted, worthless?

You have to see it to believe it: the judges, the audience, scoffed.

When Susan dared share her dream of singing on stage, most people only snickered at her …

When she said she would audition for the British version of American Idol, the laughing grew louder …

Because, after all: Everyone knows that singing stars never, ever look like Susan.


Then I knew how she effected me and what I had to do next.

I too was moved to tears, with appreciation, admiration and heart-felt “you go girl!” sentiment that tingled up and down my legs!

The truth is, people, what is reflected from others, demonstrates the feelings we need to deal within ourselves.

For me, Susan reflected my own fears of being an underdog, but why?

Because I believed I was.

I believed I was less than others, beneath those who told me so. More importantly, I learned not to ask for the contract, the money, the dream - and you know what else?

Most of the time, I didn’t even know it (90% of our actions are motivated by our subconscious!) “You won’t get it anyway, Patricia! And if you did ask, they’ll screech at you for asking and making their lives les miserabe!

Well you get the drift.

I’m certain Susan Boyle no longer feels like the underdog - at her age, I think she understood there comes a time to step out on that stage and sing for her life.

If you haven't heard her, please check her out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY


Thank you Susan Boyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment