Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Why Smart People do Stupid Things

My nephew Killian attends UofT - Toronto!

And because I choose to donate funds to his volleyball team, I'm on the "thank-you" list of supporters. So I get newsletters and information periodically.

One such information source is their magazine. In looking over some of the articles, I read this one which not only peaked my interest, I thought you would enjoy it as well. It's about why smart people do stupid things.

You're smart, and I bet you don't often do stupid things. Am I right?

Find out what this researcher and psychologist found.

http://www.magazine.utoronto.ca/feature/why-people-are-irrational-kurt-kleiner

"Intelligence by itself doesn’t make you rational. Thinking rationally demands mental skills that some of us don’t have and many of us don’t use."

If you’ve done something, don't fret. So have I. Professor Keith Stanovich should know better, but he’s made stupid mistakes, too. Find out more by clicking on this link.

http://www.magazine.utoronto.ca/feature/why-people-are-irrational-kurt-kleiner

Enjoy and leave your comments.

have a great day and great job!

Patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment